Thursday, September 29, 2016



Fall Bath and Body Works Candle Hall, and Candle Container Re-purposing!

Welcome back beautiful readers! The new, improved official website is officially up and running at getglamorousbeauty.com! I will be continually striving to improve your experience on the site, and adding new, exciting content! Blog posts will also be more regular now that the heavy-lifting of getting the new website set up is done.

Well, Fall is officially here, and you know what that means… the wave of Fall scents at Bath and Body Works! I have a candle haul today, where I stocked up on the Fall scents – my favorite candle scents of the year! It was admittedly tough to choose from the dizzying array of diverse aromas. I picked up my five favorites, and will give you an overview below.

First a quick review on the quality of Bath and Body Works candles in general, in case you haven’t tried them before. You can purchase these candles in a variety of sizes, but the three-wick variety are the ones that I find the most practical. The quality is outstanding – the scent will fill an entire room and more, and the aroma will continue to linger for a long time after you put the candle out, in some cases even several hours. They burn quite evenly, so you don’t have to worry about ending up with a lot of wasted candle once it is exhausted. The candles also have a lot of stamina too – lasting between 30-45 hours. Finally, the glass containers they come in are great for re-purposing after use:

·         * Just freeze the container with the leftover wax in the freezer, which will allow you to break the wax easily with a knife and remove it (just poke it with the knife and it will break up and fall out).
·         * Set the container on a counter and let it return to room temperature.
·         * Boil water, and place the container in it to loosen up the stickers and any glue that was holding the wicks in place.
·         *The stickers and wick holders should peel off easily now.
·         * Let the container return to room temperature again.
·         * Finally, wash the container out in the sink with warm water and dish soap to remove any leftover wax, glue, or sticker residue.

After this process, the containers are great as storage for makeup brushes, makeup, cotton balls and Q-Tips, and many other things! Remember, it is important to return the glass to room temperature after each step to avoid cracking.

On to the specific candles I picked up in the haul!
The first one I picked up, (and the one I placed in my shopping bag the fastest!), is “Pumpkin Woods.” The candle description says that the notes here are woodland spruce, cedar, clove buds, and smoky vanilla. This is an ideal candle to save for November, on the cusp of Black Friday and the holiday season, because of the pine element. It smells very woodsy, Autumn-leaves inspired, and with a hint of vanilla to give it a wonderful depth. It is a Fall-friendly shade of olive green.

Next is “Wine Cellar,” which is from the White Barn line. Bath and Body Works renovated their floor space at my local shop to include a second shop next to it with more rustic décor called White Barn. Technically, they are the same store though, and you can move back and forth between them filling your basket, and the coupons work in both stores! The notes listed for “Wine Cellar” include fragrant red fruit, rare patchouli, and touch of saffron. Fall is the season for vineyard festivals, and the scent of this candle is very reminiscent. It does evoke memories of red wine, a little bit sweet and perfumed, but in a way that people who don’t like scents that are ultra-sweet or feminine will appreciate. This was my favorite last year, so I was happy to see it return!

“Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte” was next. Although I had a couple of candles left from last year on the sweet side, I liked this one more than any of the others in the “sweet” category. The notes are pumpkin latte, toasted marshmallow, creamy sandalwood, white ginger, and praline musk. It is very sweet, and most evident is a smell of vanilla frosting. It is a bit more mellow than some of the other sweet candles though, thanks to the subtle sandalwood and musk elements.

“Autumn,” like “Pumpkin Woods,” has a hint of pine to it that will be great in November in anticipation of the imminent holiday season. The notes are bright red gala apple, juicy fig, eucalyptus leaf, and fir balsam. The sweetness of the fruit balances out the woodiness. It smells like Autumn leaves and reminds me of a crisp Autumn day.

“Berry pumpkin strudel” was the one I picked up that I felt was the most unique. Bath and Body Works has a lot of candle scents, and sometimes they can be similar because the notes may be repeated. But this was quite different from any of the others. It is a great blue color, and the notes are sweet blueberry, baked apple, blackberry, pumpkin spice, and puff pastry. This candles brings together the perfect harmony of spicy-sweet, with berry fruit and nutmeg spice aromas the most noticeable. It has a lot of depth.

“Honeycrisp Apple” may be the most spot-on scent I’ve ever found in a candle. The notes are golden honey crisp, apple blossom, and fresh sugarcane, but to my senses this smells exactly like a fresh honey crisp apple, my favorite part of the Fall harvest! This would be a particularly great scent for a kitchen. I wasn’t sure I wanted something so fruit-focused for my office, but I just couldn’t put it down! The bright red color is an added bonus! It doesn’t have as much depth of scent as some of the others, but if you love honey crisp apples you will probably find this scent equally “delicious!”

Aromatherapy is an important part of my routine. I find that it lifts my spirits and keeps my optimism elevated all day. Beauty can be more than just visual! These candles are great for that! They are on the expensive side, but bear in mind that they frequently have sales that bump the price down to $12.50 each. If you keep tabs on their website, you will probably be able to catch one of these sales in not too long.

I hope you enjoyed this post and the new, improved website! Thank you for your patience as I work out any kinks this first week. I have some new photography equipment en-route tomorrow that will also help improve the quality of the photography and ultimately allow for video…


Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment